Thursday, 6 April 2017

March Wrap Up





March was quite a disappointing month for me as I only read three quite small books. However, that is because I chose to read a classic half way through the month and it takes me forever to finish a classic (two and a half months to finish Pride and Prejudice). 

Even though I only read three books this month, I am incredibly happy with the books I have read because it means I am on track with one of my reading goals, which is to read more diversely. 

At the start of the month I knew I wanted to start reading contemporaries again, but since I have so many unread contemporary, I didn't know which to read first. After much consideration, I decided on If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo. I absolutely loved this book! It was unlike anything I have ever read and was just damn right amazing. I ended up giving If I Was Your Girl 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.

After reading If I Was Your Girl, I wanted to stick with reading contemporary, so I chose A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard. My friend Ashleigh over at A Frolic Through Fiction, read this and raved about it, and she never raves about contemporaries unless they are incredible, so that meant that I needed it in my life. Again, I freaking loved this book! It was so adorable and just amazing! I fell completely in love with Rhys and Steffi, they are just so cute! I ended up giving A Quiet Kind of Thunder 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.

Finally, I read Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. Another friend of mine, Abbie, told me I needed to watch the trailer for the film adaptation of the book, so obviously I did and I immediately needed the book in my life. I really enjoyed it and fell in love with Olly and Maddy. I ended up giving Everything, Everything 4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.

What did you read in March?


No comments:

Post a Comment