Thursday, 20 April 2017

A Court Of Thorns And Roses Book Review



A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J Maas is the first book in the A Court Of Thorns And Roses series and is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

In order to keep her family alive, nineteen year old Feyre kills a wolf in the woods. Shortly after a beast like creature demands retribution for it and takes Feyre to the magical land she has only heard about through legends. Feyre discovers that the beast isn't an animal but a powerful immortal faerie called Tamlin.
As she is held captive on his estate, the feelings she holds for Tamlin turn from hatred to passion which destroys all the lies she was told about the world of the Fae. However, an evil shadow is taking over the faerie lands and Feyre must find a way to stop it before it destroys Tamlin and the faerie world forever.

First of all, I want to say how surprised I am at how much I loved this book. I am not one to choose a fantasy book to read, however, I was itching to read it because of everyone constantly going on about and because the third book in the series is coming out next month.

Within a few chapters of this book I knew I was going to enjoy it and found it incredibly intriguing. I really liked Feyre as a character and could see some of the similarities between her and Belle from Beauty and the Beast. As for Tamlin.... Ugh I REALLY liked him. I kind of have a crush on him even though he is a fictional character. At the start of the book when you first meet Lucien, I kind of disliked him, but once the story progressed I started to really like him like the other characters.
Amarantha was one of the wierdest, most evil villains and I loved her!

Throughout the whole book, every chapter would end with so much drama that I couldn't just put it down and carry on with my day. I ended up being five chapters from finishing it and then couldn't sleep until I had finished it.

One of my favourite parts was Fire Night/Calanmai/The Great Rite (chapters 20 and 21). It was so juicy and not what I was expecting at all. Equally, I loved the part with the Summer Solstice because it was so cute and romantic and the part with Rhysand because it was so tense.
When I finished chapter 27 I couldn't believe that chapter had actually happened and wasn't ready for it to happen at that precise moment. Chapters 31 to 34 just sucked me in  and I couldn't stop reading. Finally, chapter 36 all the way to the end was by far one of the best book endings and had me hooked all the way to the end. I just couldn't put the damn book down until it was finished. Ever chapter was better than the previous and when I got to the end chapter, I wanted to cry because it was so good.

A Court Of Thorns And Roses was by far one of my favourite reads of 2017 and I ended up giving it 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment