Thursday, 9 March 2017

If I Was Your Girl Book Review



If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo follows the story of Amanda, who used to be Andrew. After being consecutively beaten up for being transgender, Amanda moves in with her father and starts a new school.  Soon after starting her new school, Amanda meets Grant and starts to fall in love with him.

I have been wanting to read If I Was Your Girl ever since it was released in June last year, but only got chance to pick up a copy and read it this month. And I have to say, it did not disappoint. 
I have only ever read one book with a transgender main character and really enjoyed it, so I decided to read more. I found the story really original and unique and fell in love with Grant, Amanda and the two of them together.

I loved the flashbacks to when Amanda was transitioning and shortly after her transition, it made me understand the character a lot better. Whilst reading the book I was really curious to see how it ended. Part way through I guessed how it would end, but that happened with at least 50 pages left. 

Initially, I was a little bored with the story. However, I put it down to it was the start of the book and that I was being introduced to characters because after chapter eight, things got interesting. I became that engrossed in the story that I binge read the last 100 pages or so.

I ended up giving If I Was Your Girl 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment