Saturday, 4 March 2017

Heroes of Olympus - The Blood of Olympus Book Review


The fifth and final installement in The Heroes of Olympus series, The Blood of Olympus carries on from The House of Hades where the seven demigods are reunited and have a quest to finish. Even after the main quests they have completed, they are no closer to defeating Gaia and to make matters worse, all of her giants have risen and are stronger than ever. However, for Gaia to fully rise she needs two demigods (male and female) as a sacrifice. As well as this, there is a war brewing at Camp Half-Blood with the Romans.

The beginning chapters were so good and got me hooked and sucked back in. Other parts that I loved were with the goddess Nike/Victoria (there was a really funny joke), the whole section with Reyna, the Hunters of Artemis and the Amazons (page 208-245, so chaotic and dramatic) and when Jason and Percy was under the sea.

I freaking love the Hunters of Artemis, so much more than in the Percy Jackson series. I also wierdly love Nico and find him really cute. The friendships in The Blood of Olympus were really good, Jason and Percy and the three girls. 
The comedy in the whole of the series, especially in this book, was brilliant and so funny. Leo was hilarious and was possibly my favourite character from the whole series, but I still love all seven of the main demigods (eight including Nico).

Initially I was a little concerned about how the series would end. However, the ending was amazing and I was sat there thinking 'what the f*ck is happening!?'
Throughout the end of the book I was crying because I didn't want it to end.

I ended up giving The Blood of Olympus 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. 


Have you read The Heroes of Olympus series? If not, do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment