This post is a little hard for me to write as it is very personal. From the age of around 11 I have suffered from body confidence and low self esteem. This is probably because from a young age I was bullied. However, a lately I have been feeling more confident in everything. I have started wearing a skirt for school, talking to a lot more people and always thinking optimistically. Now you may be sat there thinking "well that isn't a massive difference." Well as a matter of a fact it is. Usually I would always wear trousers for school and hardly ever show my legs or any other body part, I would never talk to people in class (apart from friends) and I always thought I would do rubbish in tests. But now I have trained myself to think optimistically and to let the nasty comments go over my head. As a matter of a fact the other day someone called me and I quote "You stupid fat bitch." Now usually I would sit there and probably cry or feel embarrassed but I actually turned around and said "fat bitch and proud." Now I'm not proud to be how I am but that is how I was meant to be so I embrace it and don't let petty little comments affect me. In fact I like being curvy because it suits me a lot better than if I was skinny.
After starting my blog and the followers grew I have realised that I have people who support me and I like the stuff I write e.t.c
Also this has given me a huge self esteem boost as usually I would put myself down with the stuff I would write but now I think "well what could make this better?" By asking myself this question, it makes me think about no matter how much I try and improve myself, I will never be 100% perfect with a twig thin figure and the perfect face and hair. I am proud to be who I am.
Never let anyone make you feel smaller than you actually are. If people my stupid remarks then stand tall and don't listen.
Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Sunday, 22 June 2014
On the blogging and youtubing world I have noticed that everyone seems to be falling head over heels for this translucent powder. I wasn't that fussed to start off with but currently I have been needing a new powder to set my make-up and so I bought this. I now know what the hype was about. It makes my skin matte and smooth. It is also very long lasting. For it's £4 price tag, I am very pleased with this product. But the packaging is a little annoying. The lid always comes off in my make-up bag and then everything get's covered in powder. It is still great for a drugstore product.
For Christmas 2013, my dearest friend bought me a beautiful gift of a MAC eye-shadow (among other things.) Now since it is a high end beauty product, I hate using it everyday. So instead I wear it for special occasions. On the eye it is gorgeous and makes blue eyes like mine pop. It has a little shimmer in it but it isn't super glittery like some are. Since it is ubber special, I have never binned the little paper MAC box it comes in and every time I use the shadow, it goes back in the box. It is just a perfect shade if you are wanting to splurge on a MAC product or any high end product.
Saturday, 14 June 2014
My first product is the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid in Light Porcelain. I bought this on a whim whilst in Superdrug because I needed a new foundation. It states that it leaves your skin looking 100% pore less and with an airbrushed affect. Well it hasn't failed to disappoint. It leaves my skin looking flawless and covers any imperfections I have.
My second product is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent. This powder is the most amazing setting powder. It smooths over my face like butter cream on a cake and makes your face look matte and photo shopped.
In third place there is my Sleek i-Divine Palette in Au Naturel. Only use one or two shades in this pallete but I still adore it to pieces. If you are travelling the i-Divine palettes are perfect because they are slimly packaged and have twelve day to night eye shadows. Love this product.
In fourth place it is my Collection Fat Lash Mascara in Brown/Black. I used to hate this mascara with a passion. It use to make my lashes clump together and look short and stumpy. But it all of a sudden had been working wonders on my lashes. it defines and curls my lashes and makes them look oh so fluttery.
And last but certainly not least is the NYC Kiss Gloss in Murray Hill Melon. I love NYC as a brand because their products are dirt cheap and really good. I have a few of their nail polishes which I have done a post on here. All the product I have, have great formulations and last for a long time. Couldn't live without this product.
Sunday, 8 June 2014
Recently I have been suffering from a little writer's block and couldn't think of something I could write about. However, after rearranging my desk I thought that I should talk about my perfume collection, even though it is quite small.
From left to right:
- Avon Natural fragrance spritz. Even though this is a room spray it is still included in my collection. Usually I hate floral scents, but this scent is fresh and soft.
- Avon Eternal Magic. This fragrance has ran out and was once my favourite fragrance. This scent is neither floral, fruity or fresh. It is a very grown up scent.
- Avon Secret Fantasy. This fragrance was once my favourite scent and I would wear it non stop. It is a fresh scent and is perfect for spring and summer.
- Harajuku Lovers Lil Angel. Instead of me rambling on about this fragrance check out my blog post dedicated to it here.
- Rihanna Rebelle. This scent is definitely a evening scent and lasts for a very long time. This is my second bottle and I am already past half way. In my opinion I think this scent is a deep coconut scent and is absolutely gorgeous.
- Soo...Eternal. This is my least favourite because it is quite strong. It is definitely a girly teen scent and is quite childish with the packaging.
- Natural Collection Wild Strawberry and Vanilla. These two aren't a perfume but a body spray. I definitely prefer body sprays because you can sling them in your bag for on the go without worrying about the bottle breaking. These two scents are beautiful and I am definitely considering buying some of the other scents.